For use of RRX9 products.
This License Agreement (this “Agreement” of this “License Agreement”) is made and effective as of 2020 (the “2020”) by and between RRX9, a company organized and existing in US, with a registered address at US (“Licensor”) and your (Client) Company, a company organized and existing in your (Client).Country, with a registered address at your (Client) Address (“Licensee”).
- Licensee wishes to obtain a license to use RRX9 products (hereinafter, the “Asset”), and
- Licensor is willing to grant to the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable License to use the Asset for the term and specific purpose set forth in this Agreement,
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, and of the mutual promises and undertakings contained herein, and other good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
1.1 “Agreement” means this License Agreement including the attached Schedule.
1.2 “Confidential Information” means information that:
a. is by its nature confidential;
b. is designated in writing by Licensor as confidential;
c. the Licensee knows or reasonably ought to know is confidential;
d. Information comprised in or relating to any Intellectual Property Rights of Licensor.
1.3 “Asset” means the Asset provided by Licensor as specified in Item 6 of the Schedule in the form as stated in Item 7 of the Schedule.
1.4 “Intellectual Property Rights” means all rights in and to any copyright, trademark, trading name, design, patent, know how (trade secrets) and all other rights resulting from intellectual activity in the industrial, scientific, literary or artistic field and any application or right to apply for registration of any of these rights and any right to protect or enforce any of these rights, as further specified in clause 5.
1.5 “Party” means a person or business entity who has executed this Agreement; details of the Parties are specified in Item 2 of the Schedule.
1.6 “Term” means the term of this Agreement commencing on the Commencement Date as specified in Item 4 of the Schedule and expiring on the Expiry Date specified in Item 5 of the Schedule.
- License Grant
2.1 Licensor grants to the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable License for the Term to use the Asset for the specific purpose specified in this Agreement, subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
3.1 In consideration of the Licensor providing the License under clause 2 of this License Agreement, the Licensee agrees to pay Licensor the amount of the License Charge as specified in Item 9 of the Schedule.
- Licensee’s Obligations
4.1 The Licensee cannot use the Asset, for purposes other than as specified in this Agreement and in Item 8 of the Schedule.
4.2 The Licensee may permit its employees to use the Asset for the purposes described in Item 8, provided that the Licensee takes all necessary steps and imposes the necessary conditions to ensure that all employees using the Asset do not commercialise or disclose the contents of it to any third person, or use it other than in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
4.3 The Licensee will not distribute, sell, License or sub-License, let, trade or expose for sale the Asset to a third party.
4.4 No copies of the Asset are to be made other than as expressly approved by Licensor.
4.5 No changes to the Asset or its content may be made by Licensee.
4.6 The Licensee will provide technological and security measures to ensure that the Asset which the Licensee is responsible for is physically and electronically secure from unauthorised use or access.
4.7 Licensee shall ensure that the Asset retains all Licensor copyright notices and other proprietary legends and all trademarks or service marks of Licensor.
- Intellectual Property Rights
5.1 All Intellectual Property Rights over and in respect of the Asset are owned by Licensor. The Licensee does not acquire any rights of ownership in the Asset.
- Limitation of Liability
6.1 The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that neither Licensor nor its board members, officers, employees or agents, will be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or resulting from Licensor’s provision of the Asset under this Agreement, or any use of the Asset by the Licensee or its employees; and Licensee hereby releases Licensor to the fullest extent from any such liability, loss, damage or claim.
7.1 Neither Party may use, disclose or make available to any third party the other Party’s Confidential Information, unless such use or disclosure is done in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
7.2 Each Party must hold the other Party’s Confidential Information secure and in confidence, except to the extent that such Confidential Information:
a. is required to be disclosed according to the requirements of any law, judicial or legislative body or government agency; or
b. was approved for release in writing by the other Party, but only to the extent of and subject to such conditions as may be imposed in such written authorisation.
7.3 This clause 7 will survive termination of this Agreement.
8. Disclaimers & Release
8.1 To the extent permitted by law, Licensor will in no way be liable to the Licensee or any third party for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence) which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with any use of the Asset.
8.2 The Asset is provided by Licensor on an “as is” basis.
8.3 Licensor will not be held liable by the Licensee in any way, for any loss, damage or injury suffered by the Licensee or by any other person related to any use of the Asset or any part thereof.
8.4 Notwithstanding anything contained in this Agreement, in no event shall Licensor be liable for any claims, damages or loss which may arise from the modification, combination, operation or use of the Asset with Licensee computer programs.
8.5 Licensor does not warrant that the Asset will function in any environment.
8.6 The Licensee acknowledges that: a. The Asset has not been prepared to meet any specific requirements of any party, including any requirements of Licensee; and b. it is therefore the responsibility of the Licensee to ensure that the Asset meets its own individual requirements.
8.7 To the extent permitted by law, no express or implied warranty, term, condition or undertaking is given or assumed by Licensor, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
9.1 The Licensee must indemnify, defend and hold harmless Licensor, its board members, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims (including third party claims), demands, actions, suits, expenses (including attorney’s fees) and damages (including indirect or consequential loss) resulting in any way from:
- Licensee’s and Licensee’s employee’s use or reliance on the Asset,
b. any breach of the terms of this License Agreement by the Licensee or any Licensee employee, and
c. any other act of Licensee.
9.2 This clause 9 will survive termination of this Agreement.
10.1 Any failure or delay by either Party to exercise any right, power or privilege hereunder or to insist upon observance or performance by the other of the provisions of this License Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver thereof.
- Governing Law
11.1 This Agreement will be construed by and governed in accordance with the laws of US. The Parties submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of US.
12.1 This Agreement and the License granted herein commences upon the Commencement Date and is granted for the Term, unless otherwise terminated by Licensor in the event of any of the following:
- if the Licensee is in breach of any term of this License Agreement and has not corrected such breach to Licensor’s reasonable satisfaction within 7 days of Licensor’s notice of the same;
b. if the Licensee becomes insolvent, or institutes (or there is instituted against it) proceedings in bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization or dissolution, or makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors; or
c. the Licensee is in breach of clause 5 or 7 of this Agreement.
12.2 Termination under this clause shall not affect any other rights or remedies Licensor may have.
13. License Fee
13.1 In consideration for the License grant described in this License Agreement, Licensee shall pay the License fee as stated in Item 9 of the Schedule immediately upon execution of this Agreement.
13.2 The License fee and any other amounts payable by the Licensee to the Licensor, under this Agreement, are exclusive of any and all foreign and domestic taxes, which if found to be applicable, will be invoiced to Licensee and paid by Licensee within 30 days of such invoice.
14.1 Licensee shall not assign any rights of this License Agreement, without the prior written consent of Licensor.
15.1 All notices required under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed given (i) when delivered personally; (ii) five (5) days after mailing, when sent certified mail, return receipt requested and postage prepaid; or (iii) one (1) business day after dispatch, when sent via a commercial overnight carrier, fees prepaid. All notices given by either Party must be sent to the address of the other as first written above (unless otherwise changed by written notice).
16.1 This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original and all of which taken together shall constitute one instrument.
17.1 The Parties recognize the uncertainty of the law with respect to certain provisions of this Agreement and expressly stipulate that this Agreement will be construed in a manner that renders its provisions valid and enforceable to the maximum extent possible under applicable law. To the extent that any provisions of this Agreement are determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such provisions will be deleted from this Agreement or modified so as to make them enforceable and the validity and enforceability of the remainder of such provisions and of this Agreement will be unaffected.
18. Entire Agreement
18.1 This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes any previous understanding, commitments or agreements, oral or written. Further, this Agreement may not be modified, changed, or otherwise altered in any respect except by a written agreement signed by both Parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement, including the attached Schedule, was signed by the Parties under the hands of their duly authorized representatives and made effective as of the 2020.
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The licenses for most software are designed to take away your freedom to share and change it. By contrast, the GNU General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change free software–to make sure the software is free for all its users. This General Public License applies to most of the Free Software Foundation’s software and to any other program whose authors commit to using it. (Some other Free Software Foundation software is covered by the GNU Lesser General Public License instead.) You can apply it to your programs, too.
When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for this service if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs; and that you know you can do these things.
To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights. These restrictions translate to certain responsibilities for you if you distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it.
For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that you have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.
We protect your rights with two steps: (1) copyright the software, and (2) offer you this license which gives you legal permission to copy, distribute and/or modify the software.
Also, for each author’s protection and ours, we want to make certain that everyone understands that there is no warranty for this free software. If the software is modified by someone else and passed on, we want its recipients to know that what they have is not the original, so that any problems introduced by others will not reflect on the original authors’ reputations.
Finally, any free program is threatened constantly by software patents. We wish to avoid the danger that redistributors of a free program will individually obtain patent licenses, in effect making the program proprietary. To prevent this, we have made it clear that any patent must be licensed for everyone’s free use or not licensed at all.
The precise terms and conditions for copying, distribution and modification follow.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
- This License applies to any program or other work which contains a notice placed by the copyright holder saying it may be distributed under the terms of this General Public License. The “Program”, below, refers to any such program or work, and a “work based on the Program” means either the Program or any derivative work under copyright law: that is to say, a work containing the Program or a portion of it, either verbatim or with modifications and/or translated into another language. (Hereinafter, translation is included without limitation in the term “modification”.) Each licensee is addressed as “you”.
Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not covered by this License; they are outside its scope. The act of running the Program is not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered only if its contents constitute a work based on the Program (independent of having been made by running the Program). Whether that is true depends on what the Program does.
- You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program’s source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
- You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:
- a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.
- b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.
- c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively when run, you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in the most ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this License. (Exception: if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print such an announcement, your work based on the Program is not required to print an announcement.)
These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Program, and can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in themselves, then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those sections when you distribute them as separate works. But when you distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.
Thus, it is not the intent of this section to claim rights or contest your rights to work written entirely by you; rather, the intent is to exercise the right to control the distribution of derivative or collective works based on the Program.
In addition, mere aggregation of another work not based on the Program with the Program (or with a work based on the Program) on a volume of a storage or distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of this License.
- You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
- a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,
- b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,
- c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in object code or executable form with such an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable. However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the executable.
If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent access to copy the source code from the same place counts as distribution of the source code, even though third parties are not compelled to copy the source along with the object code.
- You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
- You are not required to accept this License, since you have not signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to modify or distribute the Program or its derivative works. These actions are prohibited by law if you do not accept this License. Therefore, by modifying or distributing the Program (or any work based on the Program), you indicate your acceptance of this License to do so, and all its terms and conditions for copying, distributing or modifying the Program or works based on it.
- Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients’ exercise of the rights granted herein. You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to this License.
- If, as a consequence of a court judgment or allegation of patent infringement or for any other reason (not limited to patent issues), conditions are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or otherwise) that contradict the conditions of this License, they do not excuse you from the conditions of this License. If you cannot distribute so as to satisfy simultaneously your obligations under this License and any other pertinent obligations, then as a consequence you may not distribute the Program at all. For example, if a patent license would not permit royalty-free redistribution of the Program by all those who receive copies directly or indirectly through you, then the only way you could satisfy both it and this License would be to refrain entirely from distribution of the Program.
If any portion of this section is held invalid or unenforceable under any particular circumstance, the balance of the section is intended to apply and the section as a whole is intended to apply in other circumstances.
It is not the purpose of this section to induce you to infringe any patents or other property right claims or to contest validity of any such claims; this section has the sole purpose of protecting the integrity of the free software distribution system, which is implemented by public license practices. Many people have made generous contributions to the wide range of software distributed through that system in reliance on consistent application of that system; it is up to the author/donor to decide if he or she is willing to distribute software through any other system and a licensee cannot impose that choice.
This section is intended to make thoroughly clear what is believed to be a consequence of the rest of this License.
- If the distribution and/or use of the Program is restricted in certain countries either by patents or by copyrighted interfaces, the original copyright holder who places the Program under this License may add an explicit geographical distribution limitation excluding those countries, so that distribution is permitted only in or among countries not thus excluded. In such case, this License incorporates the limitation as if written in the body of this License.
- The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of the General Public License from time to time. Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.
Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the Program specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and “any later version”, you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. If the Program does not specify a version number of this License, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation.
- If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free programs whose distribution conditions are different, write to the author to ask for permission. For software which is copyrighted by the Free Software Foundation, write to the Free Software Foundation; we sometimes make exceptions for this. Our decision will be guided by the two goals of preserving the free status of all derivatives of our free software and of promoting the sharing and reuse of software generally.
- BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
- IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.